Ohio State’s campus echoed with the click-clacking sound of marching feet Wednesday.

More than 300 male students wearing women’s high-heeled shoes tottered around campus to raise awareness for rape, sexual assault and sexual violence that occurs at OSU and across the country.

The fourth annual Walk a Mile in Her Shoes, led by Interfraternity Council, Undergraduate Student Government and Sexual Violence Committee, took place from 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m. at the Ohio Union West plaza.

Jason Moore, a fourth-year in marketing and a co-coordinator of Walk a Mile in Her Shoes, said the reason for wearing high heels is to give men the perspective of a woman.

“We walk a mile in their shoes literally and figuratively,” Moore said. “In a figurative standpoint, we really want these men to think about what it’s like to be a woman in any place where sexual violence can occur.”

Kaitlin Forth, a fourth-year in criminology and sociology, delivered a speech on human trafficking during the event. In her speech, she highlighted how human trafficking is a serious issue in Ohio by listing statistics of human trafficking in Ohio.

She said nearly 1,000 youth are being trafficked in Ohio, and the FBI considers Northwest Ohio to be one of the top recruiting areas for underage prostitution in the country.

“A lot of people really doesn’t know what’s going on and they think these issues don’t apply to us,” Forth said. “We have to aware that these are big issues in Columbus.”

After her speech, male participants walked from 12th Avenue and High Street up to 17th Avenue, past Mirror Lake and ended at Hale Hall.

“This event is a big part of raising awareness to engage men in the prevention of sexual violence and sees men are partners of this process,” said Bryan Ashton, a fourth-year in accounting. “Through raising awareness, we hope that we encourage bystander intervention.”

Some men, because of the footwear struggles, stumbled when they began their journey.

“It’s little bit painful on my feet, but it’s for a good cause,” said Daniel Quincel, a first-year in engineering. “I really do respect women for wearing high heels.”