Rachel Stump, a first-year in business administration, was struck by a car on High Street near the South Campus Gateway early Sunday morning and was in the surgical intensive care unit at the Wexner Medical Center at Ohio State Sunday night.
According to Stump’s Twitter account, @Rachel_Stump, she had lived on campus less than a week. She moved in on Thursday, when OSU’s Ohio Welcome Leaders, a group that helps students move into their dorms, moved to campus.
Spokesmen at the Wexner Medical Center could not comment on Stump’s condition Sunday evening, but confirmed that she was in the surgical ICU.
OSU Police Chief Paul Denton said Columbus Police responded early Sunday morning. While Denton could not comment on her condition, he did confirm the incident occurred on High Street. Columbus Police also could give no information on the incident, saying a report would be available at the station downtown at 8 a.m. Monday.
Stump’s friends, acquaintances and even those who have never met her have taken to social media to spread their prayers and support.
The hashtag #PrayForRachel has swept through Twitter and Instagram, a picture sharing site. There were more than 140 hits for the hashtag on Instagram by 10 p.m. Sunday,
University spokesmen did not immediately return requests for comment Sunday night.

Katie Higgins contributed to this report