Ohio State students living in Park-Stradley Hall were informed Wednesday that they can return to their rooms three days after a water main break forced them to evacuate the building.

Building inspectors determined the building “passed all of the necessary safety inspections,” according to OSU spokesman Jim Lynch.

The students will not have access to hot water services or drinking water in their rooms “for an additional couple days,” Lynch said in an email, but drinking water will be provided at the dorm’s front desk.

About 2,000 total students were evacuated due to the water main break, including residents in Baker Halls, who were permitted to return to their rooms Monday at 7 a.m.

The Ohio Union was also evacuated Sunday night, but reopened Monday at 7 a.m.

Javaune Adams-Gaston, vice president for Student Life, sent an email to Park-Stradley residents at about 5 p.m. Wednesday informing them of the news.

“There is more work to be done, but we wanted to get you back into the residence hall as quickly as possible,” the email said. “Be aware that your lights and electrical outlets are working properly, but there will be no hot water or drinkable water (the toilets are functioning) for at least a couple more days. Bottled water will be provided, and you are welcome to shower at the RPAC. The heating and air conditioning system is also not yet back on line. We will keep you informed as progress is made.”