The 64th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards aired Sunday night on ABC, and offered little in terms of surprises.

The Showtime thriller “Homeland” took home the big three, winning Best Actor (Damian Lewis), Best Actress (Claire Danes), and Outstanding Drama Series.

“Homeland” dethroned “Mad Men,” which had won the top honor the previous four years. The AMC series failed to pick up any of the major awards it was nominated for.

Also worth noting, after three consecutive wins, “Breaking Bad” star Bryan Cranston lost to Lewis, though Aaron Paul picked up his second statue for playing Jesse Pinkman on the AMC series.

Maggie Smith was awarded the Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for her work in PBS’ “Downton Abbey,” but was not at the ceremony.

On the comedy front, it was business as usual, with ABC’s “Modern Family” picking up the award for Best Comedy Series for its third straight time.

Stars Eric Stonestreet and Julie Bowen were also winners for the show, garnering prizes for Best Supporting Actor and Actress, respectively.

CBS’ “Two and a Half Men” star John Cryer picked up the Best Actor honor, and Julia Louis-Dreyfus was named Best Actress for her work on the HBO series “Veep.”

The other big winner of the night was Louis C.K. The comedian, who writes, directs and stars in the FX series “Louie” picked up two Emmys, one for writing on the show, and the other for writing his variety special “Louis C.K. Live at the Beacon Theatre.”

The HBO movie “Game Change,” chronicling the introduction of Sarah Palin into the 2008 presidential campaign also cleaned up, getting awards for Best Miniseries or Movie, Best Director (Jay Roach), and Best Writing (Danny Strong).

For her portrayal of Palin, Julianne Moore also won the Emmy for Best Actress in a Miniseries or Movie. Kevin Costner won for Best Actor for his work in the History Channel miniseries “Hatfields & McCoys,” his first.

Jessica Lange won the Best Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie award for FX’s “American Horror Story,” and CBS’ “The Amazing Race” won its thirteenth Emmy for Best Reality Program.

Check The Lantern Tuesday for a reaction column, including a full recap, to the awards.