President Barack Obama has been re-elected for a second term.

After multiple sources announced that Obama had won the swing state of Ohio, reports started coming in that he had won the presidency as well.
The announcement was greeted with cheers of “Four more years,” and “O-H-I-O” from students gathered at the Ohio Union to watch the election unfold.
Obama won swing states such as Wisconsin, Iowa, New Hampshire and Ohio.
Soon after the polls started closing on the East Coast, states were rolling in for Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney.
Just after 11:15 p.m., the call was made that Obama had won.
But it was a nail-biter.
Ohio was teetering, and the candidates knew it. Obama and Romney both spent Monday, their last day of campaigning, in Columbus.
Obama spoke at Nationwide Arena Monday afternoon to a crowd of about 15,500 about the change he had enacted and the fights he still had to win.
“I’m not ready to give up on the fight,” he said. “I’ve got a whole lot of fight left in me and I hope you do too.”
Bruce Springsteen and rapper Jay-Z, whose real name is Shawn Carter, joined Obama and performed before he spoke, calling for an encore for his presidency.
“Can (he) get an encore, do you want more?” Jay-Z sang.
But just as Obama, Jay-Z and Springsteen left the stage at Nationwide Arena, Romney was flying into his “victory rally” at Landmark Aviation near the Port Columbus International Airport.
Romney talked about his ability to grow jobs with his five-part plan that will get America on a better course than it has been for the past four years.
“For the first time in four years, every entrepreneur, every small business person, every job creator knows that the president and the government of the United States likes them and likes the jobs they create,” Romney said.
He brought The Marshall Tucker Band with him to perform.
Monday’s visits were the grand finale to an election season peppered with political visits to campus and Columbus.
Obama visited Ohio State’s campus five times in the past two years. While Romney never stopped by campus, his running mate Paul Ryan attended the OSU football game against his alma mater, Miami University. 

Kayla Byler contributed to this story.