The new year is bringing in the rush of rumors about who will release new albums. Here is The Lantern’s list of the most anticipated albums of 2013.

10. “ARTPOP” – Lady Gaga
Never one for subtlety, Lady Gaga, whose real name is Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, has been giving hints and dropping clues about her 2013 album “ARTPOP” for a while. Currently she has led on that it will be risky, marijuana-free and penned completely by herself. Since posting her video “MONSTERVISION No. 8 OH! YOU PRETTY THINGS” on littlemonsters.com, speculation has been growing about possible information hidden within the video. Some believe “Burqa” might be the name of a song, and Gaga fanatics are trying to piece together the puzzle before the album’s release.

9. The Black Keys
Some bands take years to create an album, but The Black Keys is planning to start recording its latest album in January and to finish it by spring. With the Grammys looming, the deadline seems a bit ambitious, but the only obstacle the Akron, Ohio, natives seem to see is how fast they want to go back on tour.

8. Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Four years after its last album, Yeah Yeah Yeahs announced via Twitter it would be recording an album to be released this spring. Keeping a tight lid on the newest album, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs has not even given so much as an album name.  

7. Phoenix
Phoenix has tried to keep its recording under wraps, but most good secrets never stay secrets for long. Album artwork was leaked along with the possible album name “TPC” for the Parisian band’s 2013 release. Hyped-up rumors of a headlining Coachella spot have surrounded the indie rockers, and if the April release date holds any truth, the band will most likely pack its performance at the festival with new material.  

6. “Watch The Throne 2” – Jay-Z with Kanye West
“Watch The Throne” was released in 2011, and now Jay-Z, whose real name is Shawn Carter, and Kanye West are creating the sequel. Since the pair released the original album, rumors have been thrown around about a sequel. Both rappers have hinted at it, but nothing definite has been said by either. Producer Jahlil Beats said he has been working with Jay-Z on new tracks. He did not say where those songs would be going, but hinted that “Watch The Throne 2” is in the works.  

5. Beyoncé
The superstar’s child just celebrated her first birthday, but Beyoncé is already gearing up for her Super Bowl halftime performance as well as her fifth studio album. Her longtime collaborator, Ne-Yo, is said to be working on Beyoncé’s album. Fans have been told to expect a few tracks to be released before her Super Bowl appearance. Rumors are flying about appearances from Lady Gaga, Justin Timberberlake and husband Jay-Z to add to the show.  

4. “Sound City – Real to Reel” – Dave Grohl
Foo Fighters fans can finally dry their eyes and wipe away their tears since the band’s hiatus announcement. Dave Grohl’s most recent endeavor as a director, “Sound City” is set to hit Sundance Film Festival on Feb. 1. More importantly for music fans, though, is the soundtrack, “Sound City – Real to Reel,” paired with the film. The album is jam-packed with collaborations only Grohl could pull together, including Grohl and two of his Foo Fighters bandmates, Taylor Hawkins and Nate Mendel. With iconic artists like Stevie Nicks, Neil Young, Tom Petty and Paul McCartney, it looks like Grohl has created a supergroup of talent.    

3. Arcade Fire
Since 2004, Arcade Fire has released an album every three years, and if it remains on schedule it will release the next album this year. The Canadian band has confirmed it has been in the studio recording its fourth album, but no official date has been given. The unnamed album is still in the works after the band performed under the alias Les Identiks. Since the indie rock band offered two songs for “The Hunger Games” soundtrack, and released “Crucified Again,” many are anxious to see how it will compare to the previous Grammy-winning album.  

2. Daft Punk
Rumors always seem to be circulating about the French duo of Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo. Several reports have said the electronic music legends will not tour during 2013 and will not play at Coachella Valley Music and Arts Annual Festival in California, but they might be releasing new music. The latest album is expected to come out in the spring, although the pair has not officially given a release date. An album cover was leaked in September, with the band’s name, the possible album name “No End,” and the date March 13. If the rumors are true, this album will be its first studio release in eight years.

1. “Matangi” – M.I.A.
Scheduled to drop in April, M.I.A.’s album “Matangi” was pushed back from an earlier release date. M.I.A., whose real name is Mathangi “Maya” Arulpragasam, is taking the extra time to make the album more edgy and dark. In August, the singer released an incomplete and partially obscured track list. M.I.A. also said the single “Bad Girls,” one of the artist’s most successful songs since “Paper Planes,” will be included on this album.