Punk band White Lung does more than just make music – it allows its sole male member a sight into the feminine sensibility.

“Kenny (William) chose to be in a band with three women and I’m sure sometimes he regrets it, but at the end of the day he’s better for it,” said Mish Way, lead vocalist of White Lung. “Whoever ends up his wife can thank us later. Most young men don’t get this kind of insider knowledge of the female psyche.”

The band is scheduled to perform at 8 p.m. Wednesday at Kobo. The band will showcase its “intellectual and unique” brand of punk music, something Way said helps set the band apart from others in the same genre.

“We are good at keeping the real charming stuff slightly hidden,” Way said. “You have to work for it. The sugar is in the chaos. I write lyrics that you have to figure out. We don’t give it all away so fast.”

When creating this music, Way said the inspirations each member looks to vary depending on how they feel.

“I am inspired by many different people and it depends on my mood,” Way said. “Today I am feeling very Lady Di meets Keith Richards with a twist of Barbra Streisand.”

When White Lung appears in Columbus, Way said the audience can look forward to an interactive, energetic experience – something that makes all of the band’s performances successful.

“People respond to familiarity and energy; that’s how music goes,” Way said. “People want something that riles them and they can sing along to, be a part of.”

Holly Brown, a first-year in exploration, said this energy would make more of an impact on her decision to see the band than the fact that it is a band with primarily female members.

“To me, (the members) wouldn’t be a factor,” Brown said. “A lot of times I don’t really know the members of a band before I go anyway.”

Ben Hamilton, promoter for Benco Presents, said White Lung is just the type of up-and-coming act he tries to bring to town.

“We do some of the smaller acts, and try to bring them before other people have heard about them,” Hamilton said. “Like with White Lung, we just try to bring them to the attention of the people.”

No matter how the band members will be feeling, Way said, White Lung will be ready to rock Wednesday night.

“Sometimes I don’t want to go to the office because I feel sick and my throat is shot or whatever the case, but my office is a club filled with people who paid money to see a good rock show,” Way said. “I don’t take this for granted.”

Sometimes this even makes for better shows, Way said.

“I just channel all that frustration into the performance,” Way said. “And fortunately for my band, that works in our favor.”

Kobo is located at 2590 N. High St. Tickets are $5 if purchased in advance, or $7 if purchased at the door. There will also be a $2 cover charge for those in attendance under 21 years old.