Graduating students will be allowed seven tickets each for Spring Commencement, according to an email sent to them at about noon Wednesday. Additional tickets could still become available.

Ohio State seems to have settled on seven after a controversy ensued following the February announcement that President Barack Obama would be speaking at commencement and graduates would be limited to four tickets for their friends and family.

The four ticket limit was extended to six tickets per graduating student on Feb. 26.

Graduates must order their tickets through Ticketmaster starting at 4 p.m. Friday, according to the email sent Wednesday. They can be ordered until Monday at 5 p.m., and “must be printed using the TicketFast print-at-home feature.”

The email included instructions for how to receive a passcode that is needed to order the tickets online. Graduating students do not need a ticket themselves, nor do guests under the age of 2.

The ceremony is scheduled for May 5 at Ohio Stadium.

In addition to increased security from the president’s visit, university officials said the ticket limit was in part due to renovations in the ‘Shoe.

Several weeks ago, graduates were asked to fill out an online survey that would indicate how many tickets they would prefer. The email sent Wednesday said more tickets could still become available.

“Should additional tickets be available after the initial ordering period, instructions for ordering more tickets will be sent in a separate email,” the email stated.