An on-campus rape was reported June 13 at about 5:40 a.m. by a female non-affiliate.

The event reportedly took place at Browning Amphitheater June 12 between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m., according to an Ohio State police division report.

The case is under investigation, according to the OSU police log.

University Police Chief Paul Denton said in an email the victim was in the hospital when the report of the incident was made, and there is currently no suspect.

“On June 13, OSU PD responded to a call regarding a possible crime that may have occurred on campus the previous evening. At the time we received the call, the victim was at the Wexner Medical Center,” Denton said. “Currently, we do not have information to support the identification or description of a suspect.”

Medical information, such as why the woman was in the hospital, cannot be released because of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act.

A recent 23-year-old OSU graduate in psychology, who requested anonymity because of the nature of the reported crime, was with the victim on June 12 before the reported incident. The woman had wanted to go to Mirror Lake, so the OSU graduate went with her and stayed for about a half hour, she said. When the graduate left at about 1:30 a.m., the woman was in Browning Amphitheater.

She said she knows the victim through a mutual friend, but isn’t close friends with the woman.

The recent graduate said she didn’t believe the woman had plans to meet up with anyone else.

“If she did, she didn’t tell me. I don’t believe she did,” the graduate said.

The victim did not return a request for comment. Others listed on the report either did not return requests for comment or declined to comment.

There have been 10 rapes reported on OSU’s campus since the beginning of the 2012-2013 academic year, as well as seven sexual impositions and two gross sexual impositions. Of those 19 cases, 13 are listed as investigation pending, according to the University Police log.

Ohio Law defines sexual imposition as sexual contact in which the offender knows it will upset the victim, the victim is unaware of the contact or unable to “control the offender,” the victim is between 13 and 16 years old and the offender is older than 18, or the offender is a mental health professional and convinces the victim the “contact is necessary for mental health treatment.”

The law defines gross sexual imposition as sexual contact in which the offender purposely compels the victim to submit by force or threat of force, the offender impairs the judgment or control of the victim or knows the victim to be impaired, the victim is less than 13 years old, or the ability of the victim to resist or consent is impaired because of a mental or physical condition or advanced age.

Somewhere between 18 and 20 percent of female students experience rape or another form of sexual assault during their college years, according to the National Institute of Justice.