Click to enlarge.

Click to enlarge.

One Ohio State group is aiming to make students’ voices heard during National Voter Registration Day Tuesday.

Student service group Pay it Forward will be hosting “OSU Votes” at the Ohio Union to help students register to vote.

“OSU Votes volunteers will have voter registration forms, (will be) answering questions about the process and will be giving away free Pay It Forward promotional items and free snacks for students,” said Jake Cohen, Pay it Forward adviser.

Pay it Forward is a student cohort through the Office of Student Life that provides students with service-based opportunities, according to its website.

The event is a non-partisan effort led by students through Pay It Forward that aims to register, educate and encourage students to vote, Cohen said.

There will be other tabling events across campus where students can register to vote throughout September and the beginning of October as well, he said.

OSU Votes and Student Life want to ensure in-state and out-of-state students are given all the necessary information regarding their options to register to vote or fill out an absentee ballotin Franklin County.

“In the Office of Student Life, we try to assist students who want to vote in this area,” Student Life spokesman Dave Isaacs said.

Data regarding the number of students registered in previous OSU Votes events were unavailable, Cohen said.

This voter registration information can be particularly helpful for out-of-state students voting with absentee ballots.

“It’s my first time in the voting process, and I think it’s great you can do absentee ballots when you’re here and not from Ohio,” said Travis Allard, a first-year in sport industry, who is from Virginia.

Alexis Swanson, a second-year in environmental engineering who is from Pennsylvania, said for her, voting, even by absentee ballot, is a priority.

“I don’t know about the process of absentee voting but I will probably get information because everyone in this country hasn’t always had the right to vote and it’s a right everyone should take advantage of,” Swanson said.

Most residence halls will have registration cards and information available for students as well, Isaacs said.

The deadline to register to vote in Franklin County for the Nov. 4 general election is Oct. 6.