The Ohio State men’s basketball team regroups for Wednesday’s season opener after a 22 point exhibition loss to Marathon.The Buckeyes take on the Kent Golden Flashes at St. John arena for an all Ohio game. OSU coach Jim O’Brien said the team cannot look past anyone this year or go into a game thinking they can come away with a win simply because they are Ohio State.”I don’t see anybody on our schedule this year that is not capable of beating us,” O’Brien said. “Certainly, wins against Kent fit into that category.”Kent should be a tough game for OSU to win, O’Brien said. Some of the kids over at Kent might not have been recruited by Ohio State and the game against us would be a perfect opportunity for them to prove something, he said. “The one thing you don’t have to be a genius to figure out is, there would be nothing nicer for the kids that play at Kent to come here to Columbus and beat Ohio State,” O’Brien said.The loss to Marathon was a reality check for the Buckeyes who realized they have much room for improvement, O’Brien said. “What happened the other night was probably a good thing. After our first game, I believe that maybe there was a sense that maybe we were a little bit better than we are,” O’Brien said.OSU’s offense struggled against Marathon shooting 38 percent from the floor, 16 percent from the three point line, and for the second consecutive game shot under 50 percent from the foul line, while turning the ball over 18 times.”I think we’re going to have to do a lot of things offensively better than we did the other night,” O’Brien said. “You can’t have a game where you’re not shooting well from the floor, you’re not shooting well from the three point line, you’re not shooting well from the free throw line and you have a lot of turnovers.”O’Brien said the team will struggle unless OSU is better prepared to play offensively by improving its shooting from the field and the foul line, while cutting down the amount of turnovers committed.Injuries and fatigue have also contributed to the team’s early struggle. With Damon Stringer, Neshaun Coleman, and Shamar Herron, all sidelined with injuries, the bench is left shorthanded and the team is prevented from running a lot in practice because they get tired easily, O’Brien said. The starting five for the Buckeyes played all but 16 minutes against Marathon and will have to get used to playing a lot of minutes said freshman guard, Michael Redd. “I felt a little tired. Forty minutes, a whole game, I played,” Redd said. “Coach O’Brien told me to suck it up and get ready for the whole season to be able to do that.”