The Wexner Center is throwing open its doors this weekend when it hosts a free party for students from colleges and universities around central Ohio.

Students from Ohio Wesleyan University, Kenyon College, Columbus College of Art and Design, Ohio Dominican University, and Columbus State Community College are expected to attend the free night of food and art on Friday.

Students will be able to see newly opened exhibits “Hard Targets,” a collection of art focusing on sports, and “Disquieting Landscapes.” There will also be free pizza and dessert, and students will receive 20 percent off purchases at the Wexner’s store.

Joel Diaz, the community engagement manager for the Wexner, said the goal is to improve upon past outreach efforts.

“We’ve actually done an event the past couple of years for the Central Ohio colleges to get them connected more to what we do here at the Wexner Center,” Diaz said. “This is an extension of what we already do for OSU students.”

Timeka Rashid, director of student activities at Columbus State, said that this is a unique collaboration for her students.

She said she thinks that collaborative events with OSU are particularly good for her students.

“Because many of our students eventually matriculate to OSU, I think it is a great step in bridging the gap,” Rashid said. “Students here become familiar with resources [at OSU] and feel connected.”

Diaz said he works with student affairs officers at other schools to develop the partnerships. CABS will provide bus services to bring students from some of the other colleges to campus.

The Wexner is expecting 400 students to take advantage of the night of free entertainment.

“We’ll have sports-related video games and hands-on activity related to the exhibition.” Diaz said. “They’ll have the run of the gallery.”

The Wexner’s student party will take place from 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. Friday. More information is available at wexarts.org.