Ohio State landed what some may consider its best recruit in recent memory.

Braxton Miller, the No. 2-ranked quarterback in the country, chose OSU Thursday out of a group of the NCAA’s top football programs that were all hoping to add him to their squad next year.

Unlike current starter Terrelle Pryor, Miller was recruited not for his athleticism, but his pure talent at the quarterback position. Miller has made a name for himself in the passing game during his career at Wayne High School in Huber Heights, Ohio.

According to Kevin Noon of BuckeyeGrove.com, coming out of a larger school like Wayne should better prepare him for his career at OSU.

“He comes out of a strong program and that will give him somewhat of an advantage when he gets to the collegiate level,” Noon said. “Sometimes you have players who come out of systems that are not geared toward the next level, but that is not the case with Miller.”

The junior stands at 6-foot-1, 185 pounds, but what he lacks in size, he has made up for on the field.

Landing the state’s top quarterback will hopefully lead to a domino-effect for the Buckeyes, bringing in other solid wide receivers and players for the 2011 recruiting class.

The next target for OSU will likely be Springfield linebacker Trey DePriest, a familiar face for Miller.

“They have been friends for a long time and despite playing at different high schools, the lure of playing at the same college could play a factor in DePriest’s decision,” Noon said.

With a commitment from Miller, OSU fans will be able to breathe a sigh of relief for the future of their team when Pryor is no longer a Buckeye.