President Barack Obama is coming to Ohio State campus, but the Wexner Center for the Arts will host its own celebrity on Sunday.

Acclaimed cartoon artist Art Spiegelman will be giving a presentation at the Wexner Center to conclude the 2010 Festival of Cartoon Art. The event begins at 3 p.m., about three hours before Obama is scheduled to speak on the Oval.

Karen Simonian, director of media and public relations at the Wexner Center, says she is not worried about the two events overlapping.

“Our event starts at 3 (p.m.), so hopefully people will be able to get in and get parked before the majority of the crowds show up,” she said. “Leaving might be a problem though.”

A note has been posted on the Wexner Center’s website to warn attendees about the likelihood of heavy traffic and congested crowds. However, Simonian believes public concern among the Wexner Center’s attendees is minimal.

“[Obama’s] visit is so publicly known. People should know to carve out a little extra time,” she said.

Simonian said she hopes those who go to the Wexner Center on Sunday will take advantage of being able to hear both speakers on campus.

“It could be really convenient to have a Pulitzer Prize-winning artist here and then leave the car in the garage to go see the President speak,” she said. “That could make for a nice package for the afternoon.”