OSU senior goalkeeper Chris Froschauer (32) kicks the ball during a game against Cleveland State on Oct. 21 at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium. OSU won 1-0. Credit: Christopher Slack, Lantern Photographer

The Ohio State men’s soccer team rebounded after a slow start to win the regular-season Big Ten title. Now, two of its players have received a personal accolade to go along with the team title.

On Friday, it was announced that OSU senior defender Liam Doyle was named Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year, while senior goalkeeper Chris Froschauer was awarded Goalkeeper of the Year for the conference.

Doyle and Froschauer, along with a fellow Buckeye in senior forward Kyle Culbertson, were voted onto the first-team all-Big Ten, as well.

After transferring to OSU from Cincinnati State, Doyle has made his mark on the program. The Isle of Man, United Kingdom, native started every game last season before being named a co-captain for the 2015 season.

Doyle, who was also first-team all-Big Ten in 2014, was a critical cog to the OSU backline that surrendered just six conference goals this season. The senior, who was a unanimous first-team selection, also chipped in two goals of his own— one of which was a game-winner against Indiana on Oct. 10 — while registering six assists.

After leading the Big Ten in save percentage with a mark of .805 and tallying eight clean sheets in 2015, the Goalkeeper of the Year award is a fitting way for Froschauer to cap off his final collegiate campaign.

Like Doyle, Froschauer also began his career elsewhere. The Union, Kentucky, native transferred to OSU after being the starting goalie for Dayton for three seasons. Froschauer won Big Ten Defensive Player of the Week four times during OSU’s run to capture the regular-season title.

The top-seeded Buckeyes are set to kick off play in the conference tournament on Sunday at 4 p.m. on the turf of Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium. OSU is scheduled to face the winner of No. 8 Michigan State vs. No. 9 Penn State.