The Ohio State Board of Trustees meets in Curl Hall on Nov. 4. Credit: Summer Cartwright | Lantern Reporter

The proposal for a $204,000 bonus for University President Drake received final approval on Friday by the Ohio State Board of Trustees. A 2-percent increase to his salary was also approved, raising it to $832,320.

“It was very clear that the Board of Trustees was fully aligned with saying President Drake had an outstanding year,” said Dr. Janet B. Reed, the chair of the Governance Committee, as well as the vice chair of the Talent and Compensation Committee. “The university’s progress under his leadership, our access to affordability and inclusive excellence efforts was outstanding.”

She said the Talent and Compensation Committee felt Drake met or exceeded all expectations regarding the goals he set forth at this time, last year.

Students involved in the Second-year Transformational Experience Program offer their thanks to the Board of Trustees on Nov. 4. Credit: Summer Cartwright | Lantern Reporter

The Board of Trustees also approved new ticket prices for basketball and football tickets to the public, which was presented to the Finance Committee on Thursday. Student prices will remain unchanged until the year 2020.

For next year’s football season, individual ticket prices will range from $65 for the University of Nevada, Las Vegas game, to $190 for the Michigan State and Oklahoma games.

The board approved 22 total resolutions at the meeting, including approval of establishing a master of respiratory degree program and construction to upkeep Ohio Stadium and the Schottenstein Center.

The meeting took place at Curl Hall, to highlight the newly completed North Residential District to members of the board. It began with a special tribute to trustee members, made by students in the Second-year Transformational Experience Program.

Students and faculty involved in STEP spoke at the meeting to expand on their own personal experiences with the program, and a celebration was held outside of Curl’s windows consisting of students holding large letters spelling “Thank you.”