Ohio State then-redshirt junior goalie Kassidy Sauve (32) prepares for a shot in the first period of the game against Minnesota on Jan. 19. Ohio State won 3-2. Credit: Jack Westerheide | Managing Editor for Design

After falling to the hands of the Golden Knights in the Frozen Four last season, Ohio State redshirt senior goalie Kassidy Sauve has transferred to Clarkson in hopes of helping them win their third consecutive national title, according to the school’s Twitter.

Sauve is the most decorated goaltender in the history of the Buckeyes women’s hockey program, holding the record for most saves in a season back in the 2016-17 season. Last year, Sauve broke the program’s overall shutout record and boasted a 1.88 goals against average to go along with a .938 save percentage.

A second-team All-American two seasons ago, Sauve’s decision to transfer comes following a season where the Buckeyes lost to Clarkson 1-0 in overtime on the road to Clarkson’s second straight title and third in five years. Sauve made 33 saves in the game.

The Buckeyes allowed the ninth-fewest goals against last season with 1.97 allowed per game, but scored the 13th most with 2.87 per game. Clarkson gave up the second-fewest goals in the nation at only 1.17 per game, but lost first-team all american goalie Shea Tiley to graduation.

With Sauve gone, Ohio State has two sophomore goalies to fill her skates. Amanda Zeglen made seven appearances in goal last year, and held a 5-2 record to go with a 1.86 goals against average. Lynsey Wallace has yet to play a game for the Buckeyes.