Ohio State redshirt sophomore quarterback Dwayne Haskins (7) pumps up the crowd after McLaurin scored a touchdown in the first half of the B1G Championship Game vs. Northwestern on Dec. 1. Ohio State won 45-24. Credit: Casey Cascaldo | Photo Editor

After getting an endorsement from Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer following the 45-24 win against Northwestern, redshirt sophomore quarterback Dwayne Haskins will be on his way to New York on Dec. 8.

Haskins was announced on Tuesday as one of three finalists for the Heisman Trophy. He is joined by Alabama sophomore Tua Tagovailoa and Oklahoma redshirt junior quarterback Kyler Murray.

In his first season as starter, Haskins set Ohio State and Big Ten Records for total yards (4,702) and total touchdowns (51), while completing 70.2 percent of his passes and throwing eight interceptions.

Haskins’ 4,580 passing yards and 47 passing touchdowns are No. 1 in the NCAA, with Murray in second with seven less touchdowns through the air.

Against the Wildcats, Haskins threw for 499 yards and five touchdowns, both of which were records for the Big Ten Championship.

Ohio State has not had a Heisman nominee since quarterback Troy Smith in 2006.

On the betting site Bovada, Haskins currently has 60-to-1 odds to win the trophy over Tagovailoa and Murray, who sit at 3-2 and 10-19, respectively.

The Heisman Trophy winner will be announced on December 8.