Senior forward Mason Jobst (26) eyes a pass during the second period of Ohio State’s game against Wisconsin on Nov. 16. Ohio State won 4-0. Credit: Nick Hudak | For The Lantern

The No. 3 Ohio State men’s hockey team (19-5-4, 12-3-3 Big Ten) won both of its matches against Wisconsin (9-14-5, 5-8-5 Big Ten), putting the Buckeyes on a seven-game winning streak.

Game 1

On Friday night, the Buckeyes just barely won out against the Badgers, winning 2-1 in overtime.

With 9.5 seconds left in overtime, junior defenseman Matt Miller, assisted by freshman forward Quinn Preston and sophomore forward Austin Pooley, managed to score Ohio State’s decisive second goal, ending the game.

The Wolverines exploded in the beginning of the second period, scoring their only goal within three minutes of the period. This came after a very stagnant first period in which only eight shots in total were attempted by both teams.

Midway through the third period, senior forward John Wiitala was able to put Ohio State on the scoreboard following a drought of major plays from the Buckeyes.

In total, the game’s pace picked up greatly in the third period, especially for the Buckeyes. 15 out of the 22 shots Ohio State attempted were all in the final period of the night.

Game 2

After the low-scoring match to begin the series Ohio State dominated Wisconsin on Saturday, defeating the Badgers 4-1.

The second period saw Ohio State make their most crucial plays in the match, with senior defenseman Tommy Parran scoring his first goal of the season, which would be followed up by a goal by junior forward Miguel Fidler bringing the score to 3-0.

Senior forward Dakota Joshua began the offensive showcase for Ohio State in the first period, shooting a puck straight into Wisconsin’s net at the end of the period, putting Ohio State up 1-0.

With 1:40 left in the third period the Badgers were able to get the puck in the Buckeyes’ net and put their only point on the scoreboard. Then, with only 0.7 seconds left in the final period and the Wisconsin net empty, senior forward Mason Jobst was able to get another for Ohio State, bringing the final score up to 4-1.

Ohio State will face off against No. 5 Minnesota at home on Friday.