Then-sophomore attackman Jack Jasinski heads for the goal in the fourth quarter during the first round of the NCAA tournament against Loyola Maryland on May 14, 2017. Credit: Sheridan Hendrix | Former Oller Reporter

A dominating third quarter put No. 13 Ohio State men’s lacrosse team ahead of University of Massachusetts on Saturday for its first road game of the season.

The Buckeyes’ (3-0) play in the second half was too much for UMass (0-2) as Ohio State rolled to a 11-7 victory.  

The game was back and forth in the first half as UMass answered back quickly after each Buckeye goal, heading into halftime with a 6-6 tie.

The third quarter was all Ohio State as the Buckeyes scored four goals, two coming from junior attack/midfield Tre LeClaire, who ended the game with four total goals. Ohio State’s defense also shut out UMass in the quarter, with redshirt sophomore goalie Josh Kirson recorded eight of his 17 saves in the period.

The Minutemen relied on freshman attack Gabriel Procyk who got a hat trick, each goal coming in the first half, while LeClaire and senior midfielder Jack Jasinski each scored two apiece for the Buckeyes in the first half.

Sophomore midfielder Justin Inacio dominated the faceoff play for Ohio State, winning 14-of-22 of the faceoffs.

The Buckeyes and the Minutemen each scored a goal in the fourth quarter, with LeClarie scored his fourth of the game and his 11th of the season.

Ohio State will return home next week to face Bucknell at Ohio Stadium at noon.