Then-junior Nick Gray will run the men’s 60-meter-dash, 200-meter-dash and 4×400-meter-relay this weekend at the Music City Challenge in Nashville, Tennessee. Credit: Courtesy of Ohio State Athletics

Ohio State hosted its only home meet of the season Friday at French Field House.

“It’s a special moment, being able to perform [at] home because we never get to,” sophomore sprinter Andre Jeff said.

The Ohio State Buckeye Tune-Up hosted schools from Division I, II and III.

Men’s recap

Senior Nick Gray, coming off a new Ohio State 60-meter dash record that was set at last weeks meet at Clemson, finished first today in the 60-meter dash with a time of 6.74s.

Jeff finished first in the 300-meter dash with a mark of 33.82.

The Buckeyes took home first and second in the 600-meter run, with sophomore Tyrese Fajardo finishing with a time of 1:21.58 and senior Kyle McKinney following up with a time of 1:22.12.

Junior Alexander Lomong placed first for the Buckeyes in the 800-meter run, with a mark of 1:53.18.

Women’s recap

Senior Sade Olatoye outdid herself once again, breaking her own Ohio State record in shot put with a throw of 17.73 meters. She took first in the shot put and placed second in weight throw with a throw of 23.24 meters.

“I had a good mindset [going into the meet] and I was able to come out with a win,” Olatoye said. “It was our only home meet, so definitely tried to show the Bucks that we’re ready to go for Big Ten.”

Sophomore Anavia Battle and senior Bliss Soleyn placed first and second in the 60-meter dash, consecutively. Battle ran a time of 7.32s and Soleyn with a time of 7.43s.

Junior Alexus Pyles and freshman Britten Bowen finished the 60-meter hurdles in second and third. Pyles with a time of 8.41s and Bowen with a time of 8.57s.

The Buckeyes will begin preparing for the Big Ten Indoor Track and Field Championships in Ann Arbor, Michigan Feb. 22 and 23.