Ohio State then-sophomore attackman Jackson Reid (29) tries to shake the Rutgers defense during their match at Ohio Stadium on Mar. 31. Ohio State lost 6-14. Credit: Willow Mollenkopf | For The Lantern

No. 12 Ohio State wins road opener

Ohio State men’s lacrosse won its second straight game to open 2020 Saturday. 

A four-goal run in the second quarter for The Buckeyes (2-0) gave them a lead that would not be relinquished as they defeated Boston (0-2) 11-4.

Ohio State redshirt junior goalie Josh Kirson led the way with a career high 18 saves and an 81.8 save percentage, allowing just four goals. 

After 23 scores against Detroit Mercy, the Buckeye attack continued to produce as senior attackman Tre Leclaire and sophomore attackman Jack Myers tailed two goals and an assist each. 

Leclaire leads the team with eight goals early in the season. 

Junior attackman Jackson Reid added two goals, including the game’s opening score.

After a close first quarter, the four-goal run in the second gave the Buckeyes a 6-2 halftime lead. 

Another four-goal stretch in the third quarter put the game out of reach. 

Leading the way for the Terriers was junior midfielder Sean Christman, who went 15-for-18 on faceoffs and added an assist. Each of the four goals scored by the Terriers came from a different player.

Boston senior goalie Joe McSorley made eight saves in the game.

Senior midfielder Ryan Terefenko led the team with two assists, including a pass that set up senior defenseman Jeff Henrick for a goal.

Ohio State heads back home for a matchup with the University of Massachusetts at 1 p.m. on Saturday.