Police reveived a tip that someone had been shot in a Clinton Avenue home Tuesday, but when they arrived they found no one but the home’s resident, who was surprised by their visit.

Reports state that a woman called a Madison County Homicide detective and hold him she had shot someone in the Clinton Avenue home. The detective called an off-duty Columbus Police officer, who responded to the address with numerous other police.

When officers arrived, they removed the resident from the home while they searched for a gunshot victim, but found no one. The resident, who police said was very cooperative, said he did not know who would cause him trouble by making the false call.

Gang-related graffiti sprayed on two local homes

In a pair of apparently gang-related vandalisms, two University District homes were sprayed with graffiti Tuesday.

According to police reports, a house on the 2400 block of East Avenue was spraypainted at 9 a.m. and a home on the 1300 block of Indianola Avenue was tagged at 4 p.m.

The East Avenue vandalism referenced the “Phresh Gang,” while the Indianola graffiti mentioned the “Short North Posse.”
Police are investigating the crimes.

Two days, three car thefts

Three cars were reported stolen within two days in the University District.

A man reported that he parked his car near West 10th Avenue and Worthington Street to play a game of basketball nearby on Tuesday. As he was returning to the car at 10:39 p.m., he saw someone start the 1994 Mercury and drive away.

A 1996 Acura Integra was stolen between Monday afternoon and Tuesday morning while it was parked in front of an East 14th Avenue apartment. The car was valued at $5,000.

A Jeep Grand Cherokee valued at $2,500 was stolen while it was parked behind a Clinton Avenue home between midnight and 8 p.m. Tuesday. The owner said the car had been previously stolen and had damage to the steering column.

Compiled by Collin Binkley