Ohio State senior Brandon Wynn won his second consecutive individual National Championship in rings this weekend at the NCAA men’s gymnastics finals.

Although OSU didn’t qualify for team finals on Friday night, seven individuals qualified for the all-around and individual group, and four of those seven qualified to move on to individual finals Saturday night.

Wynn is just the second gymnast in program history to win two straight national titles in rings, tying interim co-coach Blaine Wilson.

“I’m real happy I won an All-American,” Wynn said. “I just did what I needed to do.”

Also competing for the Buckeyes in Saturday’s individual finals were freshmen Kris Done and Jeff Treleaven and junior Ty Echard.

All four Buckeyes who competed in individual finals placed in the top eight for their event.

Wynn tied for eighth on the parallel bars, was eighth on high bar and took home the National Championship in rings.

Done took fifth on high bar, Treleaven placed third on vault and Echard placed second on the pommel horse.

Treleaven and Done said they were just happy to have made it to the individual finals their freshman year.

“I had nothing to lose,” Treleaven said. “There are a lot of juniors and seniors here, and they have four years of college experience compared to just one.”

Wynn and Done were the only two Buckeyes competing in the all-around to move on to Friday night’s finals.

“I was a little disappointed I messed up on the pommel horse,” Done said about his performance Thursday night. “But I still qualified for something (Friday) night.”

Also qualifying into the individual group Friday night were senior Sean Regan and freshman Misha Koudinov for the floor exercise, Echard on the pommel horse, Treleaven on vault and junior Mike Behles on rings.

The Buckeyes posted a total of seven top-ten scores in the six events Friday night.

Placing for OSU were Wynn, who placed first on rings, sixth on parallel bars, seventh on the high bar and fifth in the all-round; Treleaven, who placed seventh on vault; Echard, who placed fifth on the pommel horse; and Done, who placed 10th on the high bar.

Interim co-head coach Doug Stibel said he thought his team did well Friday night.

“It’s hard to get back up and perform,” he said, “but the guys stepped up and had good routines.”

Overall, the team said it was happy with the way it ended the season.

“(This season) has been a roller coaster ride,” Done said. “But on the days it counted, we hit our routines.”