The Ohio State synchronized swimming team won the U.S. Senior National Championships Saturday in Columbus. The win, which comes almost a month after the team’s victory at the U.S. Collegiate National Championships, leaves the Buckeyes with an unblemished record.

Freshman Yuliya Maryanko won a gold medal in the solo synchronized swimming event and shared another gold medal with senior teammate Michelle Theriault for their performance in duet competition.

The Scarlet team took first in the overall team competition.

“I’m really pleased to finish the season this way,” coach Linda Lichter-Witter said. “It was really wonderful.”

Meghan Kinney attended Saturday’s meet. Kinney was a member of the OSU synchronized swimming team and U.S. National team until she was diagnosed with bone cancer in October 2010.

“It’s kind of bittersweet because I wish I was in there swimming,” Kinney said. “But it’s still really fun to still be so much a part of … Ohio State synchro.”

Team Meghan, a group made up of OSU men’s and women’s swimmers, was handing out wristbands and asking for donations to help Kinney’s family.

“We’re trying to raise some money so her family can get through it a little easier,” said Bobby Jenrow, a member of the men’s swimming and diving team.

Kinney said the support she has received has been uplifting.

“It’s amazing. It’s hard to put into words how I feel,” she said. “It’s such a great feeling to know I have so much support.”

Lichter-Witter said the support is vital in Kinney’s fight with cancer.

“She’s such a competitor,” Lichter-Witter said. “Right now she’s competing against the most important thing in her life.”