Tuxedos and floor-length dresses moved across the floor as Usher and Kanye blasted through the speakers. It’s prom season yet again.

For many Ohio State students, the most anticipated dance of their high school days is a distant memory. For some international students at OSU, it is something they have longed to experience.

The Undergraduate Chinese Student Organization sponsored Graduation Prom, which was held in the Archie Griffin Ballroom Sunday evening for graduating seniors and their friends to celebrate the end of the year.

Jia Jie Chen, a recent OSU graduate, said he came to the dance because of his date, a member of the UCSO.

When asked if either of them had been to a dance like this one before, Chen’s date, Yuwen Guan, a fourth-year in logistics management and an international student from China, laughed and shook her head.

“Absolutely not,” Guan said.

UCSO put on a graduation party last year for seniors, but they thought the range of students was too narrow. The graduation prom, although geared toward international students, was open to all seniors and their friends at OSU.

Their aim was to make the vibe as close to that of a traditional American prom as possible. Everybody was in formal attire, a slideshow of UCSO members played in the background and a large buffet table helped set the scene.

Many attendees said they were excited but a little nervous about their first prom. While many brought dates, others came with groups of friends from OSU.

Fan Wang, a second-year in finance and president of UCSO, said she thought the event was amazing and exciting, although she didn’t think it exactly resembled an American prom.

Although they were expecting about 80 people to attend, only about 30 were there at any given time throughout the evening, Wang said.

UCSO used its own money to put on the prom, and attendees did not have to buy a ticket or pay to get in, Wang said.

“My favorite part is looking at all the pretty dresses,” Wang said. “And the amazing food.”