With a sold-out show which brought a line of people that stretched hundreds of feet past the door, one thing was certain; the mothership had arrived in Columbus on Wednesday night.

Skrillex, 12th Planet and Two Fresh teamed up to drop the bass down low as part of the Mothership Tour Wednesday at the Lifestyle Communities Pavilion.

After Two Fresh’s performance, 12th Planet took the stage. He pumped up the crowd with both original songs and remixes. Cleveland rapper Machine Gun Kelly came out and rapped over the last three songs of the set before thanking the crowd and exiting the stage.

Skrillex, one of the biggest names in American dubstep, is the former lead singer of the disbanded emo-rock band, From First to Last.

He took the stage around 10:20 p.m. The crowd lit up with cheers as he walked to his workstation in front of an elaborate stage setup.

There were eight hexagonal pillars on either side of the stage, separated by a flat surface. The entire setup was a screen that displayed different colors and patterns to go along with the music.

For the majority of the show, the flat section of the screen depicted various figures, such as a skeleton, a robot and a demon. The figures were approximately 12 feet tall. As Skrillex danced around and controlled the music, the figure on the screen behind him mimicked his movements.

When he opened with “Rock ‘n’ Roll (Will Take You to the Mountain),” the bass in the air was thick enough to cut with a knife. Once the music began, it did not stop until the end of the show. It was as if the LC was in the middle of a mild earthquake that lasted until Skrillex exited the stage nearly an hour-and-a-half later.

The audience was tightly packed and the majority of its members were rambunctious. People were constantly running into one another and there were people crowd surfing throughout the night.

For the rest of the concert, Skrillex continuously mixed and blended his songs. Some songs on his set list included “Ruffneck Bass,” “My Name is Skrillex,” “Kill Everybody,” “Reptile’s Theme” and “First of the Year (Equinox).” He played “Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites,” which is perhaps his most famous song, three times throughout the performance.

Once the energy level rose, it  remained at a constant high throughout the show. He also performed covers of “Hypnotize” by Biggie Smalls and “Cinema” by Benny Banassi. He finished the set off with “With You My Friends.”

Rick Dimanno, a fourth-year in physics, said he has been a fan of Skrillex for a long time, and was thrilled with the show.

“I thought it was really great,” Dimanno said. “I’ve been waiting for this all summer. I bought tickets as soon as they went on sale and I was super excited for it.”

Nicole Martin, of Lakewood, Ohio, a suburb of Cleveland, said she drove more than two hours to see the show and was slightly disappointed that Skrillex’s performance lasted less than an hour-and-a-half.

“I wish Skrillex would have been on longer,” Martin said.

Dimanno also would have appreciated a longer performance.

“I would’ve liked it to have gone all night,” Dimanno said. “I could listen to Skrillex all night, but I know how it is.”

Skrillex declined an interview with The Lantern.