I consider myself a passionate fan of all kinds of music. Whether it’s hip-hop, jazz, classical, electronic, bluegrass, metal or anything in between, I can almost always find a way to enjoy it. Furthermore, I think exploring different musical genres will only expand one’s understanding of music, which will lead to a greater sense of appreciation.

That being said, there is a certain “artist” currently plaguing the media with “music” full of nonsensical lyrics backed by an even more absurd persona. Obviously, I am referring to Nicki Minaj.

Minaj displays her lack of wit when delivering lyrics such as, “If you could turn back time, Cher/ You used to be here, now you’re gone, Nair,” and, “When I’m at the game, I’m in the best row/ I am the baddest b—- up in the pet store.” Also, you would think that somebody who decides to become a professional rapper would realize that repeating the same word does not mean that you can rhyme. Minaj proves that it is now truer than ever that even the most talentless lyricist can make it on the radio.

To clear things up, my problem isn’t with Minaj alone. There have always been plenty of untalented musical acts out there. But these acts usually never make it past performing at house parties or bars before dying off. What is more revolting than Minaj’s music is the level of success she has gained through it. No matter how hard I try, I simply cannot comprehend society’s infatuation with her.

Those who will argue that Minaj is worthy of her success need only to think about this logically.

Let me present a few facts for you:

• Minaj is the first-ever female artist to be featured on MTV’s Annual Hottest MC list

• Her newest video, “Stupid Hoe,” has accumulated nearly 29 million views on YouTube since it was posted on Jan. 20, an average of about 1.2 million views every day

• Her debut album, “Pink Friday,” reached No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard 200

• She is the first artist ever to have seven singles in the Billboard Hot 100 at one time

Even fans who claim to enjoy “Stupid Hoe” will most likely not be boasting that it is Minaj’s best work. Yet in less than a month, the video has already received more than 10 million more views on YouTube than Eminem’s “The Real Slim Shady,” which is arguably one of the best videos of the last 15 years.

The fact that “Pink Friday” was the No. 1 album in America is a testament to the ludicrousness of the Nicki Minaj obsession. Even the most legendary artists, including Michael Jackson, Madonna, Queen, Jay-Z and Elton John, were unable to reach the No. 1 spot with their debut album.

Finally, by becoming the first artist ever to have seven singles in the Billboard Hot 100 at one time, Minaj has proved that even leeches can break records. Though six of the seven songs are merely cameos where she is featured on another artist’s song, she still technically holds the record.

But Minaj is no stranger to swimming in somebody else’s wake to gain popularity.

Around the time that she released her 2008 mixtape “Sucka Free,” her outfits were more down to earth than her current attire. But shortly after Lady Gaga rose to fame with her debut album, “The Fame,” Minaj began imitating her by dressing as outrageously as possible. At Sunday’s Grammys, she was spotted sporting a Little Red Riding Hood-esque outfit.

While some people will claim that Gaga simply stole the idea from Madonna, at least she waited a couple of decades to do so. Minaj stole Gaga’s act while Gaga was still current.

Further, it was not until after Lady Gaga started calling her fans “monsters” that Minaj began calling her fans “barbies,” though Minaj claims she came up with this idea on her own.

Lastly, Minaj sports digitally enlarged eyes in her “Stupid Hoe” video. This is a direct rip-off of Gaga’s “Bad Romance.”

Don’t get me wrong here, Gaga is as freakishly weird as Minaj. But at least Gaga has a good message.

Gaga speaks for human rights, with lines such as, “There’s nothing wrong with lovin’ who you are … So hold your head up girl and you’ll go far.” Minaj’s lyrics are a bit cruder: “How bout I c– all on your d— and then I lick it off.”

When it comes down to it, Nicki Minaj is just a glutton for attention backed by some people with large amounts of money who make sure that she gets it. Personally, I’m looking forward to five years from now when people look back on the Minaj fad and realize how brainless it was to ever have pretended to enjoy her.