Former Ohio State offensive tackle Mike Adams tested positive for marijuana at the NFL Scouting Combine, according to an NFL.com report.

The 6-foot-7, 323-pound Adams is considered to be a late first-round pick in this month’s NFL Draft. He is currently listed as the No. 4 offensive tackle and No. 27 player on Scout’s Inc.’s Top 32 players in the draft.

Adams has been upfront with teams since he became aware of the positive test. Several NFL sources said they believe he made a mistake and is a “good kid,” according to reports.

The Dublin, Ohio, native and graduate of Dublin Coffman High School started 25 games on the offensive line in his tenure as a Buckeye from 2008-2011. However, his final campaign at OSU was shortened due to a five-game suspension for his part in the NCAA rule violations, which eventually led to the exit of quarterback Terrelle Pryor and the resignation of then-coach Jim Tressel.  

While it is still unknown how the test will affect Adams’ draft position, players who slip into the second round lose about $300,000 per year on average compared those drafted in the first round.

The news of Adams’ positive marijuana test comes just one day after ESPN.com published a story about the culture of marijuana usage in college football.

In the NCAA’s latest drug-use survey conducted in 2009 and released in January, 26.7 percent of college football players admitted to having used marijuana in the past 12 months, the highest number of any major sport.

Multiple attempts to contact Adams were unsuccessful.