After the collapse of Grammy-winning band The White Stripes and its numerous side projects, rocker Jack White has finally released an album that’s all his own, giving huge fans, such as myself, their long-anticipated fix of the genius’ work.

White’s first full-length solo album, “Blunderbuss,” seems to focus on his appreciation for basic rock formula, continuing his detachment from musically technical advances.

A majority of tracks contain the garage-rock sound of The White Stripes, but instrument choice shows his impact from other genres, from country to jazz to distorted guitar-dominated classic rock.

The opening song, “Missing Pieces,” displays his remarkable guitar talent, but the powerful sound of vintage piano makes the song.

Lyrically, “Blunderbuss,” also White’s first album since his recent divorce, makes it clear that he thinks all women are out to get him, and who can blame him?

In the song, “Freedom at 21,” his folk romantic ways take a heartbreaking direction, displaying exactly where his newfound fear of relationships came from. With lyrics such as “She don’t care what kind of wounds she’s inflicted on me / She don’t care what color bruises that she’s leavin’ on me / ‘Cause she’s got freedom in the 21st century,” it’s apparent the ways of modern women are the root of his heartache.

White’s mature songwriting ability is brought out in the single, “Love Interruption,” which is a definite peak on the album. This duet with Ruby Amanfu is rich with passion and soul with moving lyrics such as, “I want love to walk right up and bite me / Grab a hold of me and fight me / Leave me dying on the ground.”

As an extreme supporter of everything White has produced, I appreciate the pre-computer route he has taken and stand behind the thought that he is incapable of creating anything musically mediocre.

“Blunderbuss” is just a further illustration of his brilliant mind. I mean, the guy once made a guitar from a coke bottle, wood and three nails.

Grade: A