From Calvin Klein to Donna Karan, American fashion seems to have almost always been iconic. The classic summer white shorts, polos and cardigans are undeniably all fashion staples.This Hamptons look is traditional and chic, and anything but cliché. And whether or not you’re the trend’s biggest fan, this look is here to stay this season.

With full-force coverage in top fashion publications, this red, white and blue (and sometimes yellow) collage will be making its mark as summer vacations roll in. Everything from swimsuits to peep-toe flats, and beach totes to button downs will be sporting this American vibe. Luckily, because of its classic nature, this trend might be easier to dress to than others.

While color-blocking has been a major story the past few seasons, this authentic American look can be stylized by mixing simple graphic patterns – polka dots, stripes and tie-dye. Try pairing a striped top with a polka dot shoe for an eye-catching combination.

Stick with solid basics in shorts and bags and accessorize with detailed gold jewelry and oversized sunglasses. Strappy sandals in blue or a metallic color can finish off this look.

Despite the simplicity of this look, make sure to tune in to the details such as gold embellishment or broad stripes. Ground the look with an oversized bag for a weekend getaway or afternoon at the beach.