Rock band Quiet Company has had its music featured on “The Real World” and “Keeping Up With The Kardashians” and has played on an episode of “Last Call with Carson Daly,” but these accomplishments might not have been possible had it not been for a few ads on Craigslist.

The Austin, Texas, band consists of Taylor Muse on lead vocals, guitar and piano, Tommy Blank on keyboard and guitar, Matt Parmenter on bass, Jeff Weathers on drums and Cody Ackors on trombone. The group formed in 2005 through Craigslist ads.

“Me and Tommy have been together for about seven years now,” Muse said. “I found Tommy through kind of a hodgepodge of Craigslist ads, old bands we were friends with that were breaking up and just kind of happenstance.”

Quiet Company is scheduled to perform 7 p.m. Tuesday at Rumba Café with Brick & Mortar, Andolino and Stiletto.

Though Quiet Company was first signed by Christian label Northern Records, the band has since left that label to pursue its music in a more hands-on way. Its members said it was never technically considered a Christian band, and being able to have full reign over its production has been a much better fit.

“From then on, we self-released everything,” Ackors said. “It’s pretty nice being able to record in a place where you have complete control of your writing, your recording and make all aspects of production. I’d say it’s a really great transition. It was pretty freeing to be able to do whatever you like.”

With the band’s 2009 album “Everyone You Love Will Be Happy Soon,” Ackors and Weathers joined the band permanently to round out the group. Since then, the band has played with bands such as Toadies, Los Lonely Boys, Dear and the Headlights, Adam Lazzara of Taking Back Sunday and Alpha Rev, according to the band’s website.

It has also played at the 2012 South by Southwest Music Conference and Festival in Austin, Texas, and garnered about 10 awards at the Austin Chronicle’s 2011-2012 Austin Music Awards, according to the Chronicle’s website.

October 2011 saw the release of its third album “We Are All Where We Belong,” which Blank said portrays its ‘60s-era songwriting and 90s-era rock sound.

“I’ve always thought we’ve had that cool mix of killer sound and of timeless, ‘60s rock-like songwriting sensibilities. But the presentation has always had the edge,” Blank said.

“The artists we were listening to when we were kind of coming of age were more of the ‘90s rock edge. So we’re sort of a unique mixture between those two things, and I think that comes across in our live performance as well. The delivery is almost like a garage or like a rougher sort of presentation or energy.”

The members also said the band’s rise to success has been surreal, and they want to bring their energy and love for what they do to every show.

“I think we’re all of the same mindset that we just want to spend as much time as we can connecting with as many people as we can. Anything that helps further that is really unbelievable,” Ackors said. “I never really thought that we’d have songs on these different shows, or that we’d be able to call traveling around playing music for people our job. It’s certainly the best job I’ve ever had.”

Tickets for Tuesday’s show are purchasable at the Rumba Café, located at 2507 Summit St., and through TicketWeb.com for $9.99.