It took less than five minutes for Ohio State students to buy all of the 2,400 student season basketball ticket packages Thursday, according to a release from a university spokesman.

In addition to season tickets, the 500 students tickets for OSU’s matchups against Kansas on Dec. 22 and Illinois on March 10 also sold out. All tickets went on sale at 6 p.m. on Ohio State’s athletic website.

In 2011, the student tickets sold out in less than an hour.

Students who beat the rush will not have to go to the Schottenstein Center to pick up their tickets this year. Instead, the tickets will be loaded on their BuckIDs. Upon entering the games, students will swipe their BuckIDs and be handed a ticket voucher for the individual game.

The OSU basketball team was ranked No. 4 in the USA Today preseason top 25 poll and plays its first game Nov. 9 against Marquette.

The student ticket package cost $123 and includes nine home games throughout the year including matchups against No. 5 Michigan on Jan. 13 and No. 1 Indiana on Feb. 10.

Brett Scarbrough, assistant athletic director, said the games chosen for the season ticket package were to ensure as many students as possible could support the team.

“Our goal is to make sure that we have a good environment and the students are a huge part of that,” Scarbrough said. “We need to make sure when we design this package that we have 2,400 students show up.”

Single game student tickets are still available for seven regular season home games for $16 a piece.