A$AP Rocky dropped his much-anticipated commercial debut album “Long.Live.A$AP” Tuesday with the cloud of his album’s leak very much hanging over it.
A$AP Rocky, whose real name is Rakim Mayers, did an interview with Hot 97 New York’s Miss Info after his album leaked almost a month before the release date.  
“I made my art. Y’all love it. That’s all I care about,” he said.
For those of his many fans that intend to purchase the album, there is much to be said about the unorthodox rapper’s new project, which is a follow-up to his debut mixtape titled “Live.Love.A$AP” that garnered so much attention in underground and mainstream hip-hop scenes.
The new release expands on the type of production that gave A$AP Rocky his good name in hip-hop circles. It is widely known that A$AP Rocky and his crew, the A$AP Mob, are not the most lyrically stimulating artists in the hip-hop genre. Their production, however, is always top-of-the-line.
The title track on the album sets things off with a simple statement on the hook: “Who said you can’t live forever lied.” This pretty much sums up the lyrical content of the album. A very boastful and materialistic A$AP Rocky shows off all the perks he has received since coming into fame.
Tracks like “Goldie” and “PMW (All I Really Need)” perfectly show the stereotypical materialistic mind frame that you tend to expect from a rapper these days, but the hardcore bass in “Goldie” and smooth transitions in “PMW” almost allow you to live the lifestyle through the music for a minute.
A$AP Rocky’s best attribute on the album might be his connections in the industry as he sprinkles in many impressive features throughout the album. He brings along singer Santigold for a hook on the track “Hell” and West Coast rappers Overdoz and Schoolboy Q for the tracks “Pain” and the aforementioned track “PMW”, respectively. A$AP Rocky also calls on his old tour buddies Drake and Kendrick Lamar, as well as popular artist 2Chainz, for his club-banger track entitled “F—in Problems”.
The album winds down with a mellower feel with the song “Fashion Killa”, which is basically A$AP Rocky’s fantasy about his perfect fashionista.
If you are looking for traditional lyricism on this album, you might be disappointed, but anyone who is a fan of A$AP Rocky’s previous work will love the overall feel of the album. This album, at the very least, has a very calming effect on its listeners.

Grade: B+