The Ohio State women’s basketball team’s Big Ten slate hasn’t been kind to them this year.

It was more of the same for the Buckeyes against Nebraska Thursday, as the Cornhuskers dropped OSU, 62-53.

In the process, the Buckeyes lost their seventh conference game this season.

They might be losing hope of a turnaround, too.

“To be honest, it’s hard to come to practice and to try to be positive,” said OSU senior guard Amber Stokes.

OSU, which sits 10th in the conference, struggled to match the Cornhuskers‘ (15-6, 5-3) marksmanship from behind the arc.

En route to what is now a three-game winning streak for Nebraska, the Cornhuskers unloaded 25 3-point shots and connected on nine of them.

That theme seemed apparent early in the contest.

Less than two minutes into the game, the Cornhuskers scored two 3-pointers while the Buckeyes struggled to make a basket.

OSU’s shots clanked off the iron time and time again, but for a while, it seemed Nebraska wasn’t faring much better.

After the initial 10 minutes of the contest, though, when both teams only made 25 percent of their shots, the Cornhuskers improved to 38 percent of their shots and the Buckeyes to 33 percent.

Nebraska, however, proved to be the more aggressive team in the first half, including a 5-of-13 outing from behind the arc.

Conversely, OSU missed all seven of the 3-point attempts in the game’s first act.

Despite OSU senior guard Tayler Hill’s 12 first-half points and junior center Ashley Adams’ eight points, the Cornhuskers continued to build a cushion between themselves and the Buckeyes and head into intermission leading, 34-24.

It also didn’t help that OSU turned the ball over 10 times compared to Nebraska’s five miscues.

The second half started off better for the Buckeyes, with a jumper by redshirt junior center Aleksandra Dobranic within the first ten seconds.

On the subsequent possession, Nebraska turned the ball over, which translated into an easy layup for Hill, who finished the night with 22 points.

But for every shot the Buckeyes made, the Cornhuskers had an answer.

Their lead, which withstood a 41 percent outing from the floor from OSU, never fell below six points for the rest of the half.

Part of that had to do with Nebraska junior forward Jordan Hooper’s season-high 28 points.

“My teammates did a really good job of finding me and I just shot it,” Hooper said after the game.

OSU head coach Jim Foster said that he thought OSU’s defense was weak on Hooper.

“I don’t think we did a great job of identifying where Hooper was. And when you have a player like that, you don’t start your defense under the 3-point line, you start it one foot outside the 3-point line,” Foster said. “That just comes with experience and understanding and making decisions. And hopefully we learn something from them.”

The Buckeyes (11-10, 1-7 Big Ten) are now 10-3 at home this season.

OSU is set to next take on Indiana Sunday in Bloomington, Ind., at 2 p.m.