When G-Eazy made his Columbus debut back in September, he was touring with Hoodie Allen. This time, the 23-year-old rapper, whose real name is Gerald Gillum, is set to headline his own show.

“Headlining my own tour is something I’ve dreamed about for a long time. It’s gonna be exciting,” Gillum said.

The New Orleans-based artist is slated to perform Thursday at A&R Music Bar to continue his cross-country “Must Be Nice” tour. Doors open at 7 p.m.

Gillum grew up in a household filled with music and said his inspiration came from his aunt and uncle. 

“When I was a kid I would always watch them play,” Gillum said. “So I always kind of had a dream to be able to do it myself, you know, to play shows, record songs and get out there with music. The opportunity just kind of presented itself.”

Gillum’s album, “Must Be Nice,” dropped in September and contains 10 tracks, all of which Gillum wrote the lyrics for. He also produced the album.

“I try to tell stories with my music, talk about stuff people can relate to,” he said. 

Jenn Philippon, a first-year in pharmaceutical sciences, plans to attend the concert and said Gillum’s music does not compare to anyone else’s.

“He uses older beats, like a kind of 1960s style,” Philippon said. 

“Must Be Nice” includes singles such as “Lady Killers,” featuring Hoodie Allen, and the album’s title track, which Gillum said is “a shot of” who he is.

Charles Moodispaw, a second-year in zoology, is an avid G-Eazy fan and also plans to attend the concert.

“He has a great voice and talent for both singing and rapping,” Moodispaw said. “To say that I’m excited (for the show) is an understatement.” 

Gillum expressed his excitement to be back in Columbus and said his strategy for getting psyched and putting on a good show is “a shot of whiskey, and I run over the set list in my head.”

Artists Skizzy Mars and Ground Up will open the show.

The show is sold out, but tickets were still available through StubHub as of Monday evening. A&R Music Bar is located at 391 Neil Ave.