Courtesy of Diana Dixon

Courtesy of Diana Dixon

Josh Wolf is a man of many talents: comedian, storyteller, father and now author. The “Chelsea Lately” cast member has recently released his first book and is embarking on a nationwide tour.

“The book is about a time in my life where I had met a woman who had two kids, we had a kid together, we ended up parting ways and I kept all three kids,” he said about his book, “It Takes Balls: Dating Single Moms and Other Confessions from an Unprepared Single Dad.” “There’s so many stories like this from a woman’s point of view that I thought it’d be fun to get a man’s view about it.”

Wolf is scheduled to perform three shows in Columbus at the Funny Bone Comedy Club as part of his comedy tour, starting Thursday at 7:30 p.m.

“I’m pretty in the moment so a lot of shows are different. It’s high energy and hopefully it’s funny,” he said.

Dave Stroupe, owner of Funny Bone, said he is looking forward to the show.

“We previously have had great success with other comedians who are regulars on ‘Chelsea Lately,’” he said. “This is Josh’s first appearance here so we are very excited.”

As part of his role on “Chelsea Lately,” Wolf said he spends a lot of time with the show’s star, Chelsea Handler.

“She’s exactly like what you see. She’s very honest and she doesn’t hold anything back,” Wolf said. “As a comedian, it’s amazing, it’s the only place on TV where you’re allowed to be you and be completely uncensored.”

Gregory Lewis, a third-year in business administration, is a fan of the show and follows Wolf on Twitter.

“He’s pretty funny, I’ve seen him on ‘Chelsea (Lately)’ a few times and I usually laugh at what he says on Twitter too,” Lewis said.

Wolf is a Boston native, and was stunned to learn about the bombings that took place at the Boston Marathon a few weeks ago.

“For me and for anyone from around there, it just makes it that much more personal. I’ve stood in that spot, I’ve watched the Boston Marathon and it just makes it a little more personal,” he said.

A bombing near the finish line of the Boston Marathon resulted in three deaths and more than 260 injuries on April 15.

As for advice for struggling comedians, Wolf has one piece of advice.

“Get on stage. That’s the only advice you need, is to get on stage.”

Wolf is scheduled to appear at the Funny Bone Comedy Club in Easton Town Center from Thursday to Saturday. Ticket prices for the show range from $12 to $17.