After surviving their closest game of the season, a 42-41 victory against Michigan (7-5, 3-5), the Ohio State Buckeyes moved up one spot to No. 2 in the most recent BCS rankings. The Buckeyes are behind only No. 1 Florida State (12-0, 8-0) in the rankings.

If the Buckeyes (12-0, 8-0) can hold onto a top two ranking in the final BCS Standings, released next Sunday, they will earn a spot in the BCS National Championship Game at the Rose Bowl Jan. 6.

OSU rose after then-No. 4 Auburn (11-1, 7-1) took down undefeated and then-No. 1 Alabama (11-1, 7-1), 34-28, Saturday.

The Buckeyes are .027 points ahead of No. 3 Auburn in the standings.

The Tigers are on OSU’s heels with one game remaining for each team next week. The Buckeyes are just 25 and 66 points ahead of Auburn in the USA TODAY and Harris Polls respectively.

Auburn pulled off one of the most thrilling victories in college football history after Tigers senior cornerback Chris Davis returned an Alabama missed field goal 100 yards for a touchdown with no time left on the clock.

Next Saturday the Buckeyes are scheduled to take on No. 10 Michigan State (11-1, 7-1) in the Big Ten Championship in Lucas Oil Stadium at 8 p.m.

The Tigers are set to finish their season earlier in the day against No. 5 Missouri (11-1, 7-1) at 4 p.m. in the SEC Championship at the Georgia Dome.