A couple weeks of hard work can make a big difference – at least for the Ohio State women’s crew team it can.”We finished eight seconds ahead of Iowa,” said coach Andy Teitelbaum. “Two weeks ago, we only beat them by four seconds. And Michigan (State) only beat us by one second – instead of six like they did at the last meet. We are particularly proud of this because it shows we are getting a lot faster.”The team competed against 13 other teams April 25 in the Midwest Rowing Championship at Lake Wingray in Madison, Wis. The scarlet-and-gray team brought home medals in four of the five events. The varsity eight crew won the bronze medal with a time of 6:44.51 behind the University of Michigan and Michigan State.”This was the first time that our program has beat Wisconsin,” Teitelbaum.The second varsity eight boat placed third as well, finishing in 6:49.82. Michigan won that event with Wisconsin placing second.”Here again, we barely beat Michigan (State) two weeks ago and Saturday we won by 11 seconds,” Teitelbaum said.OSU’s first novice won a silver medal in 7:01.26. Iowa took first in that event.And the second novice won the gold with a time of 7:11.11.”It was kind of a surprise that we won more medals that any of the other programs there,” Teitelbaum said. “It just shows that we are getting faster. Our boats are young and we are not an overpowering team. We are learning to generate our speed not just muscle through it.”The Buckeye crew will be competing May 3 against Michigan and Kansas State.