I heard a rumor that the football team will throw aside their traditional scarlet vests for the game against Michigan and don a different color. They could be black, yeah that’s right, BLACK.I hope they do it. OSU hasn’t had much luck with Michigan in the past seven years, so they might as well try something different. I’m not one who is overjoyed about every sports team going to a new color scheme, but it does make sense from a marketing point of view. Face the facts, who else wears OSU paraphernalia besides OSU supporters? Word has it the players are willing to do it, or have at least discussed it among themselves. But, the coaches fear another reprisal of the blowout at Penn State in 1994 when the team wore ‘black’ socks. For you crazed fans who think Woody Hayes is rolling over in his grave over the idea, get with the times. Woody is dead and has been for a while. Since when, does a dead man determine what should be worn on the field? It’s time to get away from the old man. His style of football wouldn’t work in today’s game anyway. Forget about tradition. Tradition is in your heads. It’s nothing more than an established set of rituals. It’s time to change. If OSU could throw away tradition by placing the NIKE swoosh on their uniforms, they can easily wear black.After all, real men wear black.