Ohio State students’ and neighborhood residents’ ideas may contribute to improve Iuka Ravine and the surrounding area.An OSU research group led by Norman Booth, associate professor of landscape architecture, met with 20 area residents Thursday night to seek neighborhood feedback to the plans proposed by OSU students.’What we’re going to do is to try to take the different alternative developed by the students and come down to a single plan that everybody’s going to agree on,’ Booth said.Last year students in landscape architecture made proposals to improve the Iuka Ravine based on the survey of about 100 residents in the area. The project received $4,500 from the Seed Grant Program of the OSU Campus Collaborative last year.Many student plans proposed the pedestrian and bike path from High Street throughout the ravine. Some plans include a pond and a stream running through the Iuka Park. The students made these plans based on various neighborhood discussions, Booth said. Jesse Scott, resident of Iuka Ravine, said he likes the students’ idea to close one end of Iuka Avenue to limit the traffic. But, issues of safety and necessary access to the area houses should be considered, he said.Tonya Nicholson, a graduate student majoring in landscape architecture, said OSU neighborhood does not have enough diversity and integrity of students and residents. ‘We’re trying to combine the residence with the campus,’ she said. ‘We need to make something that provides an access to the ravine but also protect the privacy of the residents.’Rehabilitation of Iuka Ravine is one of the 250 recommendations Campus Partners proposed last year. Campus Partners has encouraged the students involvement in the projects, said spokesman Steve Sterrett. Booth said the final plan will be submitted to Campus Partners for implementation.