No guts, no glory. The glory is only a T-shirt, but the intramural basketball program still scores with Ohio State students. Undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and the Greek community are the key components in this competitive sport. Included in these categories are men’s, women’s and co-ed teams.OSU has a 70-league basketball program. Each league is comprised of five teams, which hold five or more players. It adds up to a total of 1,760 players.”We show the most intramural basketball participation in the Big Ten, and we are probably the largest,” said Beau Rugg, assistant director of intramural athletics.According to graduate assistant Niki Davis, getting involved in intramurals is easy and affordable, even without team members.”Usually the same people come back from year to year to play but we also advertise to recruit new players. Registration is during the first week of winter quarter and prior to that we inform people through the Lantern , our web page and posters,” said Davis. “Also, people can register in the program unattached and they will be placed with a team.”The cost of playing at OSU is $30 per team for officiated games and $10 per team for unofficiated games.”This is the first year for unofficiated games; we wanted to let everyone play but could not afford it. Having unofficiated leagues really cuts the costs,” Davis said.There are different divisions within the separated leagues that create categories based upon skills and experience. However, competitiveness shows throughout all of the divisions.”The teams in the fraternity and upper-level league get especially competitive,” Davis said. “This is evident by all of the incident reports.”Incident reports are used to evaluate sportsmanship. Teams are expected to obtain a certain level of sportsmanship that was created by the intramural department. If teams fail to comply, they have to face penalties, which could be as severe as not being allowed to play.”There is an unwritten history of competition between the fraternity teams,” said Mike Campisi, a Phi Kappa Psi member and intramural basketball player.Campisi added, “We will only get a T-shirt if we win but, it is more or less a rivalry used to get bragging rights for the next year.”The teams play five weeks of league play and then three weeks of playoffs to determine the best intramural basketball teams at OSU. The teams are participating in playoffs this week.