After scholarships opened due to the early departure of center Kosta Koufos and the transfer of Eric Wallace, Ohio State scoured the junior college ranks to find potential replacements.

The athletic department officially announced the signings of guard Jeremie Simmons and forward Nikola Kecman.

“We are excited with the addition of another frontcourt and backcourt player,” coach Thad Matta said.

Simmons, a 6-foot-2-inch guard from Mott Community College in Flint, Mich., led his program to consecutive National Championships and joins the Buckeyes with two years of eligibility remaining.

He is a high percentage shooter, recording a three-point percentage of more than .400 in his time at Mott.

“Jeremie gives us another playmaker that also shoots well from behind the three-point line,” Matta said.

Kecman is a 6-foot-9-inch forward from Belgrade, Serbia who played junior college basketball at Eastern Arizona College.

He shot .438 from three-point range last season and brings three years of eligibility with him to OSU.

“Nikola gives us size with the ability to step out on the perimeter and shoot the ball,” Matta said.

Both players provide depth at a weak point for the team – Kecman at power forward and Simmons at point guard.

Simmons will compete with returning reserve P.J. Hill and incoming freshman Anthony Crater for the starting point guard position.

Zack Timmons can be reached at [email protected].