A 22-year-old man led a police officer on a foot chase after he refused to leave Newport Music Hall before a concert Thursday, according to reports.

Employees at Newport Music Hall flagged down an officer at 5 p.m. when two allegedly intoxicated men refused to leave the venue before the band Our Lady Peace performed. The two men were later identified as Andrew S. Mankin, 22, and Joshua Thobe, 21, both of North Sixth Street.

When the officer approached the two men, Mankin led him on a foot chase that went through the outdoor cooler at the Bento Go Go bar nearby. The officer caught Mankin and pushed him to the ground as he was running north toward 12th Avenue. The police officer smelled alcohol on Mankin and handcuffed him, charging him with criminal trespassing and disorderly conduct.

A medic arrived to treat Mankin for minor injuries before he was taken into custody.

Thobe was also arrested and charged with the same offenses.

Woman set to testify reports threatening phone calls

A woman reported that she has received several threatening phone calls from men who are accused of stabbing her boyfriend.

The 27-year-old resident of the University District told police that she is going to testify against the men in a pending court case regarding her boyfriend’s stabbing. She says the men have been harassing her for a long time, sometimes calling her and saying “I am going to kill you.” According to reports, they make these calls from private phone numbers or payphones.

Compiled by Collin Binkley