A man may need to undergo surgery after he was attacked and knocked unconscious at Sloppy Donkey’s bar early Sunday morning.

The 21-year-old man was beaten at about 2 a.m. when he confronted a group of men who were bothering his female friends at the High Street bar.

According to reports, the man simply stood between the group of men and the females in an attempt to get the men to walk away. The next thing he knew, someone was holding his hands behind his back while others began to punch him repeatedly on his upper torso and head, knocking him unconscious for about 10 minutes.

After the attackers fled the bar, the assault victim went home to recover from his injuries. Sunday during the day, though, he began to suffer from stomach pains and asked a family member to drive him to he hospital. After being tested, he was diagnosed with a lacerated spleen. He was treated, but doctors were unsure whether the spleen would require surgery or if it would heal alone.

No one was arrested in the bar assault.

Man taken to 7-Eleven, forced to buy cigaretes, withdraw cash

Two robbers forced a man to buy them cigarettes and withdraw cash from a campus ATM at 10:30 p.m. Monday.

Reports state that the 21-year-old man was walking near West Ninth Avenue and Wall Alley, looking for a friend’s apartment, when two men approached him and asked what he was doing. When he said he was looking for a friend’s apartment, they told him they wouldn’t hurt him if he handed over his cell phone and cash.

When the man told the robbers he didn’t have any cash, they took him to an ATM at the 7-Eleven at 1545 N. High St. But the ATM wasn’t working, so one of the robbers took the man into the store and forced him to buy four packs of cigarettes and get $20 cash back.

The two robbers took the cash and cigarettes and then fled. Security cameras at the 7-Eleven caught the robbers, but no one has been arrested yet.

Compiled by Collin Binkley