It was four years ago when Joe Moore, Andrew Magill and Doug Verhoff came to Ohio State to play soccer.

Now, the three seniors will be playing their last regular-season home game on Saturday.
“The time’s gone really fast. … It’s sad but at the same time it’s exciting,” Moore said. “We got a chance this weekend to do something special, to end our senior year on a special note.”

“It seems like yesterday we were coming here for preseason not knowing what to expect,” Magill said.

The three seniors have had ups and downs the last four years. They have been to the NCAA tournament the last two seasons, and they’re hoping to get there this season. They were also part of the team that went to the NCAA College Cup in 2007.

All three seniors have enjoyed their time at OSU and feel like they’ve achieved many goals, both individually and as a team. They would like nothing more than to go out on senior day and get a win against rival Michigan. 

“Ohio State fans hate Michigan,” Moore said. “So when you get a chance to not only beat them, but beat them in one of the biggest games of your career, it makes it even more special.” 

Not only is this a rivalry game, it is also an important game for the Buckeyes attempt to win the Big Ten.

If Penn State loses or ties Friday night, a Buckeye win Saturday will put them on top of the Big Ten.

If they win the Big Ten they receive an automatic bid. 

The seniors will take the field for their last regular season game 6 p.m. Saturday at Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium.

Moore expects the game to be more physical than usual, as both teams will be fired up and ready to go, especially since it is a rivalry game. 

“You’re going to see a lot of physical play, there going to be some hits and probably a few more yellow cards,” Moore said, “but all in all it will be a good game.
For both teams, it’s the last regular season game of the year, and for OSU it’s a chance to send their seniors off with a win.
“We’re going to miss all three of them,” coach John Bluem said. “They’ve been great players in our program.”