Who would think that such a poised, intelligent young woman was living inside of Lady Gaga?

Many music listeners claim that Gaga is not fit to be a role model for young kids because of her provocative gestures and outrageous clothing. The media is no help either. They have been out to make her the freak of the town but now she is speaking up and speaking out.

I can admit that before I heard Gaga in interviews I would judge her by a first glance. Born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, Lady Gaga says she “likes to push boundaries.” In a recent interview with Barbara Walters, Gaga was put under the microscope and asked the one question everyone has been asking; is she or isn’t she?

The line, “‘cause I’m bluffin’ with my muffin” in the song “Poker Face” has stirred up tons of rumors about the singer. This line flirts with the idea that she is not a whole lotta woman. Barbara danced around the topic and finally asked; are you a hermaphrodite? Gaga chuckled and calmly answered “no.”

Gaga told Walters that the rumors don’t bug her; Instead, she uses them to her advantage. The main goal Gaga has in her music is to send the message to everyone in the world that it’s okay to be different.

She claimed she felt like a freak and she knows that she was not the only one. She spoke with such ease in a poetic fashion, making sure she processed everything she said before she spoke.

Now that I have experienced a new kind of Gaga I will forever see her as an innovator and an artist — not a freak that just wants to make waves. Underneath all of her makeup and overdone costumes there is a message to love who you are and make the world know it. I think that sounds like a pretty amazing role model to me.