One run kept the No. 16 Ohio State baseball team from a perfect weekend at the Snowbird Classic. A 10-9 loss in the second game of a doubleheader against St. Louis’ Billikens Saturday left the Buckeyes with a 3-1 mark on the weekend, with wins against the Billikens, Duquesne and Farleigh Dickinson. Outfielder Zach Hurley paced the Bucks with 12 hits in the four games. The Buckeyes used a Duquesne error to their advantage Friday to score two runs in the bottom of the ninth and win, 9-8. OSU knocked out 20 hits to pound St. Louis 15-9 in the first game of Saturday’s doubleheader and 18 hits on Sunday to beat Farleigh Dickinson 15-8.

The No. 14 OSU softball squad
clinched a 3-1 record in the aTen Construction Tournament over the weekend in Riverside, Calif. The lone loss came at the hands of Notre Dame, who narrowly escaped after the Buckeyes closed a 7-1 deficit to 7-5. The Irish, however, tacked on five runs in the seventh inning to rest easy wih a 12-5 victory. Aside from the sole letdown, however, the Buckeyes topped East Tennessee State twice, by counts of 13-1 and 4-2. OSU also beat UC Riverside 7-1.

The No. 18 women’s lacrosse team improved to 3-2 with a 16-6 victory at Duquesne on Friday. Sophomore Alayna Markwordt scored five goals and dished out two assists as the Buckeyes rolled to a 10-3 halftime lead. Sophomore Kirsten Donahue found the back of the net three times. Freshman Megan Fiorito, earning her first career start at goalie, made nine saves.