Although some Ohio State students seemed disappointed that our rivals up north managed to book President Barack Obama as their commencement speaker, others might not have been too upset.

Some, like those at Campusreform.org, say he’s just another liberal commencement speaker.

CampusReform.org, an organization geared toward helping conservative activists fight leftist bias on college campuses, published a growing list online of this year’s commencement speakers for more than 400 college campuses. According to the list, the majority of college commencement speakers are liberal. In fact, the ratio of liberal to conservative commencement speakers is about 2-to-1.

In a news release last month about the list, Morton Blackwell, president of the Leadership Institute and founder of CampusReform.org, said the bias isn’t fair to right-wing students.

At the time of the news release, the ratio of liberal speakers to conservatives was 4-to-1.

“Conservative students are forced to support their schools’ selection of liberal graduation speakers as the college administrations take one last opportunity to spread their leftist bias,” Blackwell said.

The names of those on the list that the website says have expressed “opposition to limited government” are in blue, and those who have expressed support for conservative policies are in red. According to the list, nearly 50 schools have booked liberals to speak at their commencement, while about 20 schools have booked conservative speakers.

However, the majority of speakers on the list have no known political affiliation. More than 300 speakers aren’t classified as left-wing or right-wing by the website’s list. Their names are listed in gray.

The list links each liberal speaker to another Campus Reform site that gives evidence of the speaker’s left-wing status and information about how to protest that speaker.

The page on former Vice President Al Gore, this year’s commencement speaker for University of Tennessee at Knoxville, describes how he invented “much of the alarmist hysteria now surrounding the ‘climate crisis,'” and encourages students to create a flyer to pass out at commencement that informs the attendees “of the truth about Gore and his ‘science.'” The page suggests handing the flyers out to older attendees, such as parents and grandparents, because the site says they are likely to be more conservative than students.

Nonetheless, Megan Swillinger, a graduating fourth-year in international studies and political science, said the liberal-to-conservative ratio makes sense.

“I would assume there are more liberal than conservative speakers, just given that colleges are stereotypically liberal hotbeds,” Swillinger said.

David Gergen, OSU’s commencement speaker, has yet to be added to the list, but probably will not be someone the site encourages students to protest because of his extensive political work with both parties, said Bonnie Kristian, communications manager of CampusReform.org.

In the end, Swillinger said she doesn’t think it matters if the commencement speaker is for the right or left.

“I want a speaker that inspires me and empowers me on the day when I’m essentially joining the real world,” Swillinger said. “It doesn’t matter to me if that person is liberal or conservative as long as they make graduation memorable.”

To see the most up-to-date list of commencement speakers and which parties they are affiliated with, visit CampusReform.org