Tonight at 5:30, Nationwide Insurance presents the second-annual revealing of “The Women’s Book” at the Center of Science and Industry (COSI).

“The Women’s Book” is a directory and resource for Central Ohio women to gain inspiration from female leaders and stay connected within their community.

The book features profiles of Columbus women who are career- and philanthropy-oriented. By telling their stories, the founder, TaKeysha Sheppard Cheney says she hopes to encourage other women to find their own success niche.

Along with profiles, the book includes a women’s health and wellness section, as well as a financial-fitness section.

The 2010 edition highlights two Ohio State women.

OSU football coach Jim Tressel’s wife, Ellen Tressel, is honored for her commitment to the Columbus area.

Ann Fisher, executive producer and host of WOSU talk show “All Sides With Ann Fisher” is also honored for her philanthropic efforts as well as her entrepreneurial success.

“It feels great to be honored as an inspirational woman,” Fisher said. “It’s even more impressive to me when I look at who else is being honored in the book. I’m keeping great company.”

The book was founded by OSU graduate Cheney, who is also publisher and CEO. Cheney’s passion for networking and serving prompted her to create “The Women’s Book.”

Being involved in a variety of organizations benefiting women and girls inspired her to initiate a larger-scale project.

“My biggest passion around this whole thing surrounds young women and being able to create something they can be inspired by,” Cheney said. “I hope this book gives them a better understanding of pathways to success.”

Susan Fortner, president at Bowers PR and Marketing, hopes the book unveiling is a networking opportunity as well as a place where prestigious women can be honored, she says.

“When you go to most networking events, they are very different. This is not an event where people just exchange business cards,” Fortner said. “These are women who lead charities and who are very involved in their community. They can tell you their story and then you can learn from them.”

“The Women’s Book” is available in Columbus and Cincinnati, but a Cleveland edition will be published in 2011, Cheney said.

She also hopes to publish “The Women’s Book” in other major metropolitan areas such as Chicago, New York City and Washington, D.C., she says. Cheney’s ambitions for her publication aim high, she is focused on creating a sustainable business model.